-->

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Shipping Cost Increase


As of Jan. 22nd, the USPS postal rates have increased - again! I mostly use Priority Flat Rate and First Class to ship orders, and both these services have gone up in cost. I'll need to do the same. In the past I've tried to be fair with my shipping charges, not even accounting for "handling", but will need to change this practice. For many years I've accepted what my shopping cart has estimated for PayPal orders and usually absorbed any extra shipping charges, but I can no longer do this. "Handling" includes my printer paper and ink when printing Priority Flat Rate labels, the brown mailers I use for First Class packages, as well as the paperwork necessary to process orders. It's time I allowed myself to be paid for all that! I believe my shipping charges over the years have been among the lowest of most online retailers. Some of them are outrageous! And, I think my long-standing policy of free shipping on orders over $50 has been very generous. This will remain in effect, at least for the time being.

Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns about shipping an order. Thank you in advance for your understanding!

No comments: