-->

Friday, December 9, 2011

Santa Claus is Coming to Town


This is Old Fashioned Santa from Pineberry Lane. A humble fellow, simply dressed. Great stick legs! Quite primitive, very cool. Another neat Santa pattern from Pineberry Lane is Santa and Elmer, with the bonus of Elmer the reindeer, shown below.

I need to get busy baking a couple of Chocolate Pumpkin Loaves (recipe in my Sept. 30th post) to take with me to our annual early Christmas family get-together tomorrow where I get to play Santa. The other gifts are wrapped, but I promised my mother a loaf of this bread after I told her how wonderful it was. My aunt will get one too, along with a big bag of Maine Roasters Holiday Blend coffee. Doesn't that sound like a great breakfast on a snowy morning? Maine Roasters coffee is similar to Starbucks, strength-wise. To be honest, I'm really not a Dunkin' fan!

Are you doing any holiday baking? One of my Facebook friends posted about all the make-ahead cooking and baking she's been doing, freezing things to be reheated later in the month for parties and just to make things easier once the holidays are in full swing. It's something to consider. I've never done much "big" make-ahead cooking like that but just might try a little.

This would normally be the weekend we get the real tree and decorate, but since we'll be out of town it'll be a week later this year. Hope you're having fun with your holiday planning. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Love those Santas...just grand! I also love to hear about a new coffee. I'm a bit Starbucks spoiled, since my son works for them and get me coffee by the poundful! I have actually been slimming down this season...weird, I know. But I have some good cookie recipes I love. I'll make my cranberry and pistachio biscotti for my boys.

Simply Wendy said...

Wow, I'd love to hear more about that cranberry and pistachio biscotti! What a great combination! Bet you've had the Starbucks Thanksgiving blend - that's a favorite of mine. Have not tried the Christmas blend yet but I definitely will.