-->

Sunday, September 25, 2011

My Next Projects




This is a "Taggie" baby blanket. You may have seen, purchased or even made one yourself. That's what I'm getting started on next. I've got a granddaughter due to enter the world this February, so it's time for all things PINK! This is a photo of a taggie that is my inspiration for the one I want to make for her. I'm using "Minky" fabric, super-ultra-wicked soft, in shades of Fuchsia and Kiwi. It was fun shopping for different pink and green ribbons to use for the tags along the sides. I found an easy tutorial on how to make these taggie blankets: Click Here

I also have a hooked child's chair pad in hit-or-miss style using pastels. This will adorn a cute little green painted chair I found at an antique shop. The hooking is 99.9% complete - I'll take a picture when it's finished. After these two projects I have a quilt to make:


This pattern is called "Tickled Pink" by Cotton Way. Looks easy enough, lots of straight-sewn strips, sliced and mixed up, then reconstructed in a sixteen-patch set on point. I should have the pattern any time now and can go have more shopping fun looking for just the right pink fabrics.

Aren't new projects and new grandbabies FUN?

Enjoy your week,

No comments: