-->

Monday, May 4, 2009

We Came... And We Shopped!



What a fun weekend! My friend Jackie came to visit me in Maine up from Massachusetts this weekend and we did the Mainely Fun Quilt Shop Hop! We visited eight great quilt shops from Cape Neddick to Jefferson - quite a hike - and bought things we "had" to have at each shop. The southern Maine shops we visited on Friday, saving the midcoast shops for Saturday. That turned out to be a really good plan because there's no way we could have hit them all in one day. Well, technically it would have been doable but we were exhausted Saturday night after just the ones we did that day. I'd never visited most of these shops before and was very pleasantly surprised at what is out there! Each shop had it's own distinct personality and there was fabric aplenty as well as wool, needlepunch and the most yummy yarns at Quiltessentials in Auburn, Maine. Even though the Hop is now history, check out the link to it's web site under Links You'll Like to see the list of shops that participated, some pictures to whet your appetite and directions. When you stop in tell them I sent you! The quilted shopper pictured here is a design by Amy Butler called Every Day is a Shopping Day.

Jackie's visit made my husband and I a little homesick and we found ourselves reminiscing about past times with family and friends. It was so much fun to have a house guest and I really do miss hosting the get-togethers like we used to. I'll try to coax Jackie back this summer and am working on a few family members to see if they'll come for visits as well. I know Jackie will be back in September when we attend Camp Wool's (Wells, Maine) hook-in in September - me as a vendor and she as a participant. See my previous post "It's Show Time" for details or leave me a Comment here if you'd like more info.

I'll be seeing some of my kin in July when my brother and sister-in-law welcome their new baby girl Jade Truong Thomas to our family! I really need to get that baby quilt started that I'm planning to make. Think it'll be a nine-patch using 1930s pastels. I'll try to post some pictures in-progress as I go along. I'd also love to make them a hanging organizer, bought the pattern at one of the shops on the Hop this weekend.

It's really looking like spring around here now! All along the highway we could see drifts of white, like a dusting of snow on the grass. Jackie says these teeny little blooms are "May flowers" but we're not 100% sure. Anyone know what they are? The lupines will be making their annual show soon and they are always stunning. Will try to get some pictures of them as well.

'Til next time,

No comments: