-->

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Inspiration



If you're itching to create and need some great inspiration check out Sue Spargo's blog - link below in my More Fun Reads column. For those not yet familiar with Sue Spargo she is an internationally known quilter and designer. Born in South Africa her work is heavily influenced by African folk art. She is very multi-textural in her work and her quilts, combining bold, colorful cotton fabrics with wool, needlefelting and other textiles and uses lots of embellishments as well. She teaches all over the world at various handwork retreats and is a very sweet, soft-spoken woman. If you ever get a chance to take a workshop with her you'll have a blast!

Sue has inspired me to rummage around in my craft bin this afternoon and I've pulled out things I forgot I had. This is why I need to have all my stuff out in the open! Like they say, "Out of sight, out of mind." I need to read Pat Sloan's blog for all her creative space organizing tips.

Hope all the Moms had a great Mother's Day and that someone else did the cooking!

Ciao,

No comments: