-->

Monday, January 3, 2011

A Year of Inspiration




I'm always happy when I receive packages from my friend Lori Brechlin, but her new 2011 calendar that arrived today really made me smile! If you haven't found just the "right" calendar for your studio or office cubicle, this might be the one. Twelve of Lori's charming folk art drawings, in full color, from years past - a year's worth of inspiration! Many of these designs have been rendered as hooked rug patterns produced by Kris Miller of Spruce Ridge Studios. The calendar is spiral-bound and has a hang-hole, ready for hanging. A limited quantity are available.



Colonial Homestead Pinkeep Drum is one of three new patterns from Stacy Nash Primitives. Also new is Stacy's latest pattern booklet, Home for Christmas (yeah, I'm a little late getting this one!) with five cross-stitch designs, all with a holiday theme.

I'm feeling more energized now that the holidays are over. That whole "new year" thing I think. Starting to plan and dream about new things to come. Isn't January great? We get a new beginning every twelve months!

Have you made any New Year's resolutions? One big one for me is to carve out more "me", creative time and actually make more things. I've already started - I'm making a great big wool tote bag from an old army blanket pieced with some cool striped wool - browns and blues, love that combination (see blog background!) Oh yeah, and the default resolution to lose weight! Let's see how long that one makes it this year!

Be back soon...

2 comments:

Sabrina @Falling Leaf Woodworkers and Primitives said...

Oh, that pinkeep is just darling... I love it. Thanks for sharing
Happy New Year
Sabrina

Simply Wendy said...

Sabrina, was just out looking at your blog - where are you in Standish? Looks like your shop is definitely my kind of place! If you give me a street address I'll look you up sometime! ~Wendy