-->

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Oh Boy!




There's a new magazine launching in April, have you heard? Primitive Quilts & Projects will be devoted entirely to primitive quilting, rug hooking, stitching and much more. The list of regular contributors is studded with names of the most popular designers today: Maggie Bonanomi, Renee Plains of Liberty Star, Lori Brechlin of Notforgotten Farm, Lynda Hall of Primitive Pieces by Lynda, Renee Nannemann of Need'l Love, Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings and more. I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it! Published 4 times a year, it will be a new obsession. Do we really have to wait until April??

I plan to carry the magazine on my web site and it will retail for $9.99 an issue. I'll keep you posted with information on the premier issue as I receive it.

Are you ready for Thanksgiving? Boy, it's really coming fast this year! And is it just me or are people really anxious for Christmas this year? I keep hearing people talk about getting their trees up right after Thanksgiving, putting up the lights and bracing for Black Friday, even more so than last year.

Time to really plan out my menu and grocery shopping list. Saturday we'll do the bulk of that shopping and Turkey Lurkey will come up from the freezer and begin his thaw. A turkey needs to thaw approximately 24 hours for each 4-5 lbs. There's my cooking tip for the month! Hope your holiday plans are coming together too.

2 comments:

Gayle said...

I signed up for a subscription to this new magazine and can't wait to get my first copy!

Unknown said...

I am going to sign up for a subscription right now...very exciting!