-->

Friday, January 22, 2010

A Merry Heart




Just arrived in the mail today - Lori Brechlin's charming new cross-stitch pattern, A Merry Heart. This one can definitely be made in time for Valentine's Day.

I've ordered more Wool Street Journals, both the current January issue as well as a half-dozen of the October 2009 issue because it was so popular before the holidays. I should have them by mid-next week.



My first vending "gig" will be at the 26th Annual Eliot Hook-in on Saturday, January 30th at the United Methodist Church, 238 Dow Highway (Rt. 236), Eliot, Maine. Hours are from 10am-3pm. I'll be one of only 3 or 4 vendors. If things go the same way as last year, the vendors will be downstairs in the church lower level until around lunchtime, then we'll be able to come upstairs and join in with the other attendees for a few hours of hooking on our own projects. It will be great to have some "girl time" and soak up some tips and inspiration from all the other talented ladies who will be there, not to mention more practice on my technique.

I've got my little 8" hooked replacement mat nearly finished! I love this one too - hope I can bear to part with it for the Maine Tin Pedlar mat swap Valentine's weekend! It is a hit-or-miss basketweave design, made entirely with strips I had on-hand. I'll post a picture when it's done. When I brought the work in progress into my office to show a co-worker she remarked that I'd barely used the same color twice, saying, "You've got a lot of wool!" Amen to that!

Have a creative weekend!

No comments: