-->

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Results are in...


Well, I've begun sorting through the responses to my customer survey and what I've seen so far has really got my gears turning! As promised, I'll share the results over several posts starting here. There were over 570 responses! I've got a lot of reading to do with the write-in comments that most folks provided. So thank you again! For right now I'll share what my "composite customer" looks like.


You are mostly quilters - over 75% of you - with wool applique/penny rug makers coming in second, followed by cross-stitchers and rug hookers (virtually tied), needlepunchers fourth and a lot of various fiber arts you wrote in under "Other". Most of "Other" was knitting but you also do non-quilt-related sewing, some needlefelting and doll and craft making.

You are mostly at an advanced level of expertise in your favorite craft.

You shop mostly online from retailers who sell a variety of designer offerings and you also love to shop from vendors at quilt and rug hooking events - me too!

From a question dealing with what was most important to your online shopping such as variety of products, free shipping, frequent sales and a user-friendly web site, your overwhelming most important factor is shopping at a user-friendly web site. You weren't really swayed by shipping costs or even discounts. If we want something, we want it! Variety of products came in second.

Also, a sign of the times were comments I read over and over that said that you are digging deeper into your own stashes for projects and materials, therefore don't always require a "one stop" kind of shopping experience. You may have much of what you need for a project at home already.

Most respondents reside here in the Northeast with the Midwest coming in second. The rest of you are from all corners of the country with a fair amount of folks overseas too, especially Canada and "Down Under"!

That's enough to digest for this post. I want to study the "meat" of your detailed comments before I write more on this. After the holiday!

May your turkey be plump, your gravy with nary a lump and may you be surrounded by the warmth of family and friends this Thanksgiving!

Gobble Gobble!

No comments: