-->

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Waiting for Maggie


I've finally got a picture of Maggie Bonanomi's wonderful-looking upcoming book, A Day at Sunny Brook: Primitive Projects to Recall Home Life in the 1800s. Yep - looks like another keeper! Here's The Kansas City Star's description of what Maggie has in store for us in this new collection:

"This is a little tale about three sisters living in rural Lafayette County in the mid 1800s.

Inspired by the rich colors of a vintage quilt, an 1899 book of advice, and a favorite doll, Maggie Bonanomi brings you the world of Sunny Brook School for Girls. Explore and make the necessary items for every part of their lives: classroom study, sewing, exercise, rest, finer skills and sleep.

Maggie supplies the projects that will take the girls though their days! And what an abundance of projects: a sampler, mending baskets, a chatelaine, pincushions, a fireplace screen, pillows and more pillows, a throw, pinched purse, several hooked rugs, a bed cover, daily books, even a flower press. The golden hues of Sunny Brook School await you."


I'm offering my familiar pre-order deal on this book - free shipping of your order that includes this book when I get them in stock. They are expected in early July, per Kansas City Star. Pre-orders will be accepted until the books reach my door, so there's still time.

Need another tease? Click here to view some pages from inside the book.

Enjoy your day - and where did the month of June go anyway? Wow - I was shaking my head looking at the calendar this morning! July will be really busy too. I hope summer doesn't slip by under my nose...

No comments: