-->

Monday, February 22, 2010

What's New




"Home Tweet Home" is one of four new needlepunch patterns from Country Stitches/With Thy Needle & Thread - love love love this one, and it's already a big hit! I scoured eBay for a little sewing machine oil can for the base for my model soon to be made. With a little re-tooling you could "make do" with a glass candlestick or old wooden spool as your birdie's perch.


More of Renee Plains' new book, A Bird in Hand are back in stock today. Starting on my 4th dozen of this great book! Another new book just added to stock is Gloria Nixon's Feedsack Secrets: Fashion from Hard Times, a little history into the use of colorful feedsack fabrics of the 1930s & 1940s. I've got quite a stash of them, mostly reproduction but some antique feedsack fabrics. I have a feedsack quilt on my quilt "bucket list"! Bet you've got a stash too.


Attention rug hookers - back in stock after a long absence is Mad Hen Primitives' Inspirations from the Heart & Soul. Tonya Benson provides us with page after page of her doodles and motifs for your next rug, stitchery or needlepunch project. Animals, buildings, flowers, borders, you're sure to find something that speaks to you.

My little "Whatcha Doin'?" poll is interesting! Most of y'all are working on rug hooking with quilting a close 2nd. As for me, I have a couple of works-in-progress - a hooked eyeglass case, a Karen Kahle design and a hooked purse designed by Kim Dubay of Primitive Pastimes , both from the book Designs for Primitive Rug Hookers. I also have one row of a baby quilt started using 1930s reproduction fabrics. It's for my niece who will be a year old in July. It "might" be a birthday gift as it never got to her when she was born! Oh, and many notebook pages loaded with drawings of projects to be.

Enjoy your projects, and your week!

No comments: