-->

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Working With Wool


If you bought Maggie Bonanomi's newest book, Buttonwood Farm, you'll recognize this project, Wool Bird Applique Pillow. Digging around in my wool stash I was able to pull very similar wools in order to offer a kit to make this, just in time for spring. Included in the kit is a spool of Maggie's "go to" thread for all her applique, Coats & Clarks Summer Brown, just back in stock. I've priced the kits at $20.00. Buttonwood Farm is sold separately and retails for $24.95.

Another kit I pulled together is one for Maggie's Old Heart Pin Keep. I've offered mine done all in wool and switched the blue heart for a red wool one. Also included is a wonderful repurposed silk ribbon with an aged look. It has flecks of pink here and there and will look wonderful on the finished heart. I hope to have a picture of a finished heart soon. The wool and silk ribbon kit is priced at $12.00, and of course Buttonwood Farm is sold separately.

Finally, I've added more kits for the Lynda Hall Penny Pouch project from the Winter issue of Primitive Quilts & Projects. Wools and flosses will be similar, but not exactly as pictured on my web site. Definitely a "make do" kit pulled from my wool stash! Contact me if you have any questions on kits.

It's so nice to work with wool during winter! There's something very soothing about it, don't you think?

Have a warm and wooly day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hola : Me ancanta lo que haces soy una admiradora absoluta de tu talento !!! estoy en este lado del mundo donde esta técnica y estilo no existe .Amo el Folk art , soy de Argentina ,un saludo desde aqui .Vero