-->

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

It's the Weekend


Well, it's actually Tuesday, but I just got my box of Blackbird Designs' new book, Weekend. We've become accustomed to Barb Adams' and Alma Allen's gorgeous and feminine quilt designs, and this book does not disappoint. While mostly quilts featuring their fabric line from Moda, Blueberry Crumb Cake, there is also a hooked rug, sampler, treasure box, pinkeep and even instructions for hand-poured candles, all with their signature style. I'm ready for a little Weekend, how about you?

Coats & Clark Summer Brown all-purpose sewing thread is listed in Maggie Bonanomi's books as her thread of choice for her hand work projects. It's a great neutral for Maggie's color palette. We've got 225 yard spools for your convenience.

Tomorrow is "Pie Day", if we don't lose power during the very ill-timed Nor'easter churning our way! Timing is everything, Mother Nature! Couldn't wait until after Thanksgiving? Busiest travel day of the year? Really?? Oh well, I just hope my son and pregnant girlfriend make it up to Maine OK. Mom will be a nervous wreck until I see those headlights come up the driveway.

Stay safe, all!

No comments: