-->

Monday, May 3, 2010

New for Spring


Boy, it's been almost a month since I posted something! April was a crazee month! We of course traveled out of state for a few days (my last post) and I came home to 2 days before the start of my 3 April shows. Cherylynn Brubaker's annual Spring Fever Hook-in in Brunswick, Maine was first, a great day as always with lots of rugs to inspire us, vendors, wool, wool, wool and lots of work done on rugs in progress.

Next up was the following weekend at the Camp Wool Spring Fling hook-ins down in Wells, Maine at The Coastal House, a great function venue. This was a 2-day event with separate hook-ins both weekend days. Oodles more wool, fun and friends.

This Saturday will be my last show for a while, the Maine Tin Pedlar 2010 Rug Show and Hook-in at Woodford's Congregational Church in Portland, Maine from 10am-3pm. Vendors, food, lots of hand-hooked rugs by Tin Pedlar members, door prizes and I'm betting MORE WOOL!! Open to the public, stop in if you're close!



I think my title for this post was "New for Spring" - well, with International Quilt Market a little over a week away in Houston, new things are starting to be released from designers. One of them is the new book from Barb Adams and Alma Allen of Blackbird Designs and by Kansas City Star titled, Country Inn. The cover quilt looks wonderful and there will of course be several other projects inside, all with that signature feminine style Blackbird Designs has become known for. I'm taking pre-orders for the book which will retail for $26.95 when it's released after Quilt Market in mid-May. Books pre-ordered will receive free shipping!

Why pre-order? A couple of reasons: You're guaranteed your book will be shipped as soon as I get them in stock, maybe before local shops get them; it helps me know how many to order to try and have enough stock to meet the demand and avoid out-of-stocks. This was tough with the recently new book, A Bird in Hand by Renee Plains. I had no idea it would be as popular as it has been! I sold more of this book than any other in 7 years in business! Phenomenal!

I know there will be new patterns from Country Stitches for one, and I'm keeping a close ear to the ground on more "new news". Not being able to attend Quilt Market I'll be a little behind some of the other sites and shops but I try to pick the cream of the crop for y'all!

Hope spring is finding you happily tending to your yards and having fun outdoors. Take time to stop and smell the lilacs!

No comments: