-->

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Looking like Christmas!




Frosty Trim a Tree is one of several new patterns just in from Country Stitches. This guy is made from a clear ball ornament, painted, with a sculpted head. Too clever. Brenda Gervais has also created more whimsical patterns with her signature litte mouse, who appears quite frequently and is sooo cute!



Wild Pomegranate is from Blackbird Designs and is gorgeous! Big, dramatic 20" blocks and a pink ruggled edge. Just so feminine, as are most of their beautiful quilt designs. Some previously sold-out books of theirs are back in stock as well, plus a few other quilt-related books. Details on my What's New page.

My husband and I had a rare day off to escape to the White Mountains region of New Hampshire and do some Christmas shopping today. Loved seeing the snow-capped Mt. Washington off in the distance! We took pictures, maybe I'll have to post one when I get a chance to upload them from the camera. We left early, went to a cute little place called Peaches in North Conway for breakfast - awesome food! - then shopped until we dropped in the afternoon. We're only a little over an hour away so it's definitely a trip we can do every so often. I kept gazing all around me at the mountains! Can't imagine being able to live out there, that would be cool.

Back to work tomorrow, but now it's only a 2-day week. I've got to get serious about finishing an 8" hooked tulip mat for a swap at my rug hooking guild soon and there's a craft fair at work that I need to make things for... Way too much going on and not enough days! I need better time management skills and being on this computer updating all the places I need to udpate takes so much of my time these days. Facebook, Twitter, web site, blog, newsletters... I don't know. All this techy stuff is taking time away from actually creating things! How do you manage it all? Any pointers? I'm all ears!

Enjoy the rest of your week,

No comments: